In honor of National Dance Week, I asked the 4th graders in my dance outreach program to tell me why they like dance, and I’d like to share some of their answers with you. Unsurprisingly, they all indicate that dancing can be very healthy!
I like dance because…
- I’m getting exercise while I’m having fun.
- it’s a fun way for boys & girls to use teamwork and cooperation all together.
- I get to express myself for who I am.
- I get to use all of my energy.
- it’s athletic.
- it makes my body healthy.
- it makes me feel free.
- you can really express yourself without talking.
- all those bad feelings I have inside my body will go away.
Happy National Dance Week!!
Why do you like dance?